Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Working time

Mood: working
Listening to: Nothing, I'm working
Eating: NOthing (aaaargh), still have to work
drinking: Coffee
Weather: rainy
When I went to the hospital this morning, I was in a very good mood. Of course, it was because I would see Chase again. We spend the last two evening together and I was just feeling more than good.
House hobbled into the diagnostic office and threw a patient file on the table. "Take a look at this!" He mumbled and went to the coffee machine. He took one of the red coffee cups and filled in some of the dark, hot liquid. "Where is the sugar?" he grumbled again. "Over there!" I said and pointed at the cupboard. "Yeah, now look at the patient!" he said, during putting sugar in his coffee.
"35 year old patient, male, sanious inflammation of the armpits, and in chest area." I red. "Could be tuberculosis." said Chase. "Or maybe some kind of infection." said Foreman. "Yeah, maybe Lupus?" said House and rolled his eyes. "It's some kind of pyodermatitis, I think." I said. "Maybe impetigo contagiosa" proposed Chase. "No, he's too old for that!" I answered and gave him a little smile. "Or he has a erysipelas." was Foreman's answer. "No, he has no fever or headache." I said, reading the file again: "I think it is hidradenitis supporativa!" and I closed the file again. "okay, check his leukocyte leukocyte for some kind of infection and give him antibiotics, just for the case. If you find out nothing, we have to make a biopsy!" With these words, House limped out. "Where are you going?" asked Foreman. "Clinic duty!" was the answer and the door closed. We looked at each other, nodded and left the room, too.
"So how are you both?" asked Foreman after we went some steps away from the office. "Fine" I said and grinned. "Yeah" was Chase's answer. "So everything's fine, nothing to tell?" asked Foreman again. "No...everything's fine!" said and entered the patients room.
"Hello, my name is Dr Cameron, these are Dr Chase and Dr Foreman. How are you at themoment?" The man lokked up."My arms are hurting and they seemed to be engorged." "We give you antibiotics, causeit could be some kind of infection and we will check your blood for any abnormalitys. If that doens't make clear what we are dealing with, we have to make a biopsy." Chase explained. The patient nodded and raised his arm so that we could take a blood sample from him. After that, we went out of the room to the lab.
Foreman was checking the leukocytes, during Chase and I searched for some kind of parasite or another infection. "What's going on with you?" asked Chase. "I feel sorry for Eric, that's all..." "Hey!" He took my hand. "Don't think about that, we had a talk and I think everything is okay now." He kissed me and again I felt this warmth all inside my body.
"His leukocytes are low, too low!" we could hear Foreman. I stopped kissing and looked at the Pc again. "What do you mean?" asked Chase and looked at the paper Foreman was holding. "There is an infection, but his immune system can't handle it!" he said. "Sounds like hidradentitis!" I said. "I'll check him for staphs!" Chase left to tell House.
"Eric?" I asked. "Hm?" "How are you?" "Fine!"" "I don't belive you!" I looked in his eyes. "Yeah, it hurts...but...hey, you are happy, he is happy, so what should I do?" "I feel sorry for that!" "Comeon,Allison, don't be stupid!" He took the paper again. "It happened and it's okay forme!" with these words he left the lab. I stood there and felt really sorry.
Later I did the test for staphs and it turned out to be positive, so I went to the patients room again. "You have hidratentitis supprorativa." I told the patient. "That means that your skin is infected by staphs and you'll get more antibiotics. We have disinfect the parts of your skin that are infected and if that doesn't help, I'm afraid we have to remove these parts." "What do you m,ean with remove?" the patient asked. "We remove the skin during an operation and replace it with non-infected skin of other parts of your body. Otherwise, the infection could get even worser..." The patient just nodded.

5 comments:

Dr. James Wilson said...

Foreman is fine ... good to hear!

Dr. Allison Cameron said...

As we could read on Chase's Blog, he doesn't seem to be...
I guilt out...

Dr. Gregory House said...

This is the Cameron we know.
Always caring, being nice to patients...

Anonymous said...

let`s fuck

Anonymous said...

please answered me i`m sorry